Thursday, September 6, 2007

Announcements!

Wow, there's lots of important stuff happening.

As she announced on the Team Spiridon site yesterday, Michelle Streetman is with child. Congratulations, Michelle and Paul! Paul will apparently have to run enough for both of you - he was planning on training for the half marathon, so I guess now he has to run the full.

Joey Reyes is also about to have a kid - ETA is Sunday morning, I think. I meant to give him a shout-out a week ago for being called into service by the Army (Army, am I right, Joey? I know you people are touchy about getting the branch wrong) to help with people that might have gotten displaced by Hurricane Dean. You already did your time in Iraq, and you're still there when you're needed - we appreciate that.

I do have to say that for a chopper pilot, you seem to have a horrible time finding things when you're on the ground...

Some of us have been watching a good friend (and her husband) go through a lot to have and keep a kid. I don't want to be too out of line, but for her sake, I want to say that even when it's a surprise, I know better now what a lucky, fortunate thing it is. So really, congratulations to you guys.

Finally, Upstart Carmen is having a party this Saturday night, and we're all invited.



Saturday, 9:00pm
1708 East Sixth
parking at 1707 East Sixth
Carmen's cell is 775-6650

3 comments:

mstreetman said...

Just so everyone knows, yes I am pregnant. Baby is due March 30th, which means that I will probably NOT be delivering on that date. Honestly, I'm betting on April 1st. That being said, I am almost 11 weeks along and really looking forward to no more morning/all day sickness.

All of you can harass Paul on Saturday during the run. He has been gone for the better part of 5 weeks and has missed most of the fun of early pregnancy.

Kellie said...

For those of you that didn't make it to Carmen's party last night you really missed out! At one point there was a girl actually twirling flaming batons.

Thanks for the fabulous party, Carmen!

Rob said...

I know - I hated missing it, but had a birthday dinner of a really good friend to attend. I even bailed early on that, which I shouldn't have done, as the oldest person there... I'm just confirming ageist stereotypes with my lame ass...