Monday, August 27, 2007

okay, i'll start this off...

i haven't been running at all due to my ankle, (which is getting better; hopefully this week!) instead i've translated the time i would spend running 5 miles into time swimming laps, plus amanda and i have hit the gym for abs, eliptical, gossip, and yoga. i hope i'm not too far behind!

i'll try running tomorrow with everybody and then maybe ease into 1-2 mile jogs to test the waters, plus keep up my swimming for endurance. that sound okay?

if anyone's looking for someone to run/swim with, i'd love to get together! i swim in the mid-mornings and can run most nights or weekends.

so obviously i'm not getting any better at running, but i'm seeing an improvement in my swimming so i'm thinking about checking out at least one triathlon soon...

what's everybody else doing?

3 comments:

Rob said...

Yes, as long as that's low-impact gossiping.

We'll get you up to speed for the Marathon Relay, and so you can drag my butt out to run.

Rob said...

And, I am running today after work... probably about 6pm at Whole Foods, if anyone's interested... I was planning on running five or six, but someone could start with me and go shorter (or longer...)

If you're interested, RSVP ici. Here. It's French talk.

cassief said...

I have definitely been doing my cross-training, but I've only been doing a small amount of running. I am still recovering from my vacation where I hurt my neck and hip, so I've been trying to take it easy. Did you see an orthopedist for your ankle injury? If so, did you like them? If so, please pass along their name because I may need to see one if my hip injury does not get better soon.