Wednesday, May 23, 2007

week of whatever week this is

hey, guys -

sorry i've been a bit out of it this week.

it looks like a few of us may meet at whole foods at 5:15 or 5:30 today for a run, if anyone's interested, and there's a good chance of a run this saturday morning.

we've had a few people injured, and others with conflicts, so last wednesday, it was just paul and i running. honestly, i'm kind of working through some things right now, and i didn't know if there was a point to putting the effort in to come up with a plan, and commit to showing up for runs. on the other hand, even if it's just a few of you, it's worthwhile, and i need something to keep myself running, too. so, we'll continue.

i just don't want to feel like i'm doing this in a vacuum. if you're running, let me know, and i encourage you to use this space to hook up with each other for runs, even if there's not an "official" run scheduled.

coolio? kewl.

6 comments:

rowdy said...

i'll be there at 5 with amanda. bring on the hills!

paul said...

i'll be there. 5 is a little tight. i'll try for 5:15.

Call my cell 750-0727 if yall start without me so i can find u.

chuckd said...

I can't make it tonight. I ran 5 at lunch. It was warm. It will be warmer this afternoon make sure y'all hydrate.

I ran 10 at TLT last Saturday. It was good. Ran two loops from Mopac to Congress. Having water stops at each halfway point was extremely helpful.

I'm looking to do the same this coming Saturday. Anybody else interested? As we'd be doing loops if anyone wants to go shorter or longer it would be easy. Then afterwards go to the Daily Juice for after run refreshments. (daily juice is now a regular stop for me after running at tlt. great recovery smoothies!)

Have fun tonight.

chuck d

Debbie said...

I can't make it. It has been a hell of a 2 wks at work. I could benefit from the run for the stress but it looks like I'm kinda struck here. Perhaps I can meet up with ya'll on Sat.

chuckd said...

how was the run last night?

Rob said...

i thought it was great, though there sure was a lot of whining later last night...

no, it was a really hard run - same route as last week. since only paul had been subjected to it, i wanted to spread the pain, plus i got to put paul through it a second time. it was big fun.

mandy and amanda were machines, man. amanda charges up hills, mandy had a solid, sustained effort.