Tuesday, June 12, 2007

morning run....

well I did it, finally dragged my butt out of bed EARLY this morning and went for a run. it was awesome! humid, but not brutally hot like it was yesterday when I ran at 1pm.
feel great now and glad to have my run for the day done.

saw another guy out running that was moving along so effortlessly, he was fit and fast. I hope to be him some day.

looking forward to this saturday. should be a blast. don't forget to hydrate well this week. and I'd recommend bringing some fuel for the run. a gel or whatever works for you. take it at the halfway point.

I saw on the schedule to meet at whole foods? why not just meet under mopac? then after the run we can go up to Daily Juice and get our smoothies on. they're the best.

run to live, live to run....

3 comments:

chuckd said...

two days in a row. right on, right on.... morning running is awesome!

met a guy on the trail today, his name is freddie ferraro he's a world class triathlete. he races the olympic distance in the 55 to 59 yr old age group. really cool guy. he's trying to get a national/world championship this year. pretty wild. it was funny he asked me if the heat was bothering me the last few weeks... I was like a yeah...that's why got up so damn early today. he being in his 50's and a badass triathlete didn't really understand the whole, it's tough to get up in the morning thing.
it was fun talking to him and I hope to see him again.

run long....

chuck d

Amy said...

Hey I ran this morning too and it was awesome. humid but a little cooler than lately- two days in a row for me too-

I like running in the morning for several reasons. The main reason being that if I put it off until later in the day I usually skip it. Plus I feel free to eat whatever for the rest of the day and just don't have it on my "to-do" list. I think it just kicks off my days in a great way. Plus- yes I always see the bad-ass runners out there.

chuckd said...

right on Amy!!

ran again this morning. 3 days now of morning runs. lovin' it. I could have used a bit more sleep. but I was fine. morning was excellent. really, really enjoying having my run done first thing in the day and not worrying about how hot it's getting the rest of the day.

anybody else run in the morning?