Sunday, June 10, 2007

team in exile, nationwide, m.f.

so, the list of names of members to our site grows. i thought i'd throw out some introductions and welcomes, here -

my friend shahnaz out in los angeles has run a marathon, ran the (huntington beach?) half recently, and is training for the Disneyland half in September (which a couple of us are considering doing), which she plans to run in under two hours. i would suggest you refrain from discussing your (or my) drug use here, as she and her husband are DEA, and my friends and i worked hard to teach her to say "ON THE FLOOR, MOTHERF*CKER!" without giggling.

also out in cali is a friend of Amy's, Rick.

there's the bad-ass Karinne, who i've allowed in the group even though she is significantly faster than me, in the hopes that it'll score me a free iced chai at her coffeeshop, Clementine.

there's Jill, who i reconnected with at my somethingeth high school reunion this weekend. she's training for a half marathon. no, she doesn't have any stories, and i would deny them all, anyway.

so, our little empire of pain seeks to expand. i'm also hoping that some of those inactive names down there will start showing up for runs, too, before they completely forget how (remember, guys, you always want to alternate left and right feet when running).

finally, i just want to say, thanks to you guys that have been coming out and running (or at least expressing an interest in getting off your ass and doing so). at the reunion this weekend, when people asked what i was doing, it was good to be able to identify myself with the running, and the coaching, and the people i do it with. you guys kick ass, even when you're whining...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you for the introductions...but my Rick is not in Cali. Although he better be on July 29! Rick hails from Centennial, Colorado and is a speedy Canadian. I figure his altitude training will cancel out my heat/humidity training advantage here when we meet up in San Fran.

shahnananaz said...

I'm approaching the three year mark on this job and I have yet to say "on the floor MO FO." Pathetic huh?